Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bad News For Broken Elbow



Christian working on his puzzle (1000 pieces)!!!
Christian just wanted his picture taken today and posted;-).

Today, we were so excited and happy, that Casey might get a hard cast and stabilize his painful broken arm and elbow. I really have to respect this ortho doctor we saw today. He sent Casey for more x-rays first. Then upon examination of the results coupled with his physical exam of Casey's arm, said it was more intense than just needing to be casted. He will refer Casey to Texas Tech Health Sciences Center for several surgeries.
The doctor here thinks Casey will need a metal plate with screws and pins to properly repair his break:-(((. So, tomorrow I will get a date to see the pediatric orthopedic surgeon at TTHSC. It looks like we have a long haul ahead of us with Casey's rehabilitation. I cried today when we were on our way home from the doctor's office and so did poor Casey. Bless his heart....this is just a bit more than we expected. We are in prayer for our son and hope that you will pray for his recovery, too. I will let you know more when we find out about his surgery tomorrow.

On a happier note....Katie and I are adjusting so nicely together. She has bonded with her new family very completely and seldom asks anymore if she will stay here tomorrow. It seems she was constantly asking me (in Russian) if she would stay another day with me. I always answer the same "You will be mine and I will be yours forever". Never have I known a happier or more grateful child than our little Katie Aunna. I am so happy God chose her for our family and placed her into our home. I wake each morning and begin to work caring for my seven children. My first waking moments are filled with pictures of the children in my mind and I realize that these are the best days of my life!!!

Oh yes....one more catastrophic issue. My clothes dryer's heating element went out on Sunday afternoon!!!! Talk about a panic in our house....this is a biggie. I do about six loads of laundry each day. This means that Sunday through Thursday would make about 24 loads of laundry!!! OH MY!!! So, my answer to the problem is to pretend we are on a European Vacation by wearing our clothes for days...ha ha. We have all been very careful not to dirty our clothes and the girls have worn the same little play dress for three days now. Their change of clothes consists of swimsuits, clean under clothes daily, same dress, and same pair of pajama's. Isn't that funny??? Fortunately, the appliance repairman says he has our part in and can put it on in the morning. Laundry will begin to flow once again!!! YEAH!!!!

Trampoline awaiting a new tarp:-(


Children above discussing who jumps first (I don't referee those squabbles).......




Happy children reunited with their trampoline....

So, more good news...the trampoline tarp has been completed and installed. The children are very happy to have their toy restored and at their disposal. Here are a few pictures of pure pleasure!!! That's about it for today. I will keep you posted in regard to Casey's surgery and ask for your healing prayers. Many blessings!!!

1 comment:

And patiently waiting... said...

Hey Trish,

I will pray for healing and the doctors who will be working on Casey's arm. So glad you will be able to have your laundry flowing now! I begged for directions for the washer/dryer when we were getting Kristina. :) Take care!
Tammy