Monday, August 4, 2008

Katie's First Birthday At Home

The Arctic Princess celebrates her first American birthday and is now 7 years old. Now my children are...John 3 y/o, Mary 4 y/o, Annie 5 y/o, Katie 7 y/o, Karissa 7 y/o, Christian 7 y/o, and Casey 14 y/o. Of course, the two grown children are, Kisty at age 31 and Weldon at 27 years old. Katie was so extremely delighted and her pictures speak louder than words!!!

Katie Aunna was so excited when I told her that her birthday would be on Sunday. She asked immediately if she would also have a birthday party. Of course, you know I told her that she absolutely would have a party. She was so thrilled she was jumping three feet off the ground!!! She picked out the birthday crown from my collection (having 2 grand daughters and five girls...I have a nice tierra collection). So, this morning I dressed her and put her Birthday Girl Crown on her head.
Our next objective was to get her cake. I took her with us as it seemed she should say what she wants for a cake and so she picked it out herself. The cool part is that she wanted a chocolate cake. All the cakes said yellow or white;-(. But, there was one cake with pretty pink roses on it and she loved it. Well, lo and behold...when we cut into the cake it was CHOCOLATE!!!!! What a nice surprise;-).
Then when we got home with her cake I brought out the gifts that I had bought for her the night before her party. It was so cute as I asked her what she would like for Mommy to cook for her on this special day and she said "Borscht"!!!! Then she got very serious and looked at me and asked "Can you make this food, Mama?" Her face looked like a light bulb when I said "Oh yes, my darling, and I can make it with beef or chicken!" She was thrilled. How much better could life be than this??? A party, with gifts, and Russian Borscht. Katie slurped her Borscht this evening like a little pig;-)...Ha Ha. The whole time she raved about how wonderful was HER Mama's Borscht. We also had a nice loaf of sour dough bread with butter. Oh YUMMY!!!
Here is a picture on Mary Beth high on chocolate cake...OH MY!!!!!

This is my cousin's daughter...Maddy. Katie Aunna loves her so much as she is the sweetest and most thoughtful young lady!!!!

Katie was so thrilled with her party that she was jumping up and down and laughing. It was so cute. After, we ate our yummy Borscht and cake, Katie opened her birthday gifts. I think her pictures tell the story far better than I ever could. So, I present my beautiful Arctic Princess, Katie Aunna, opening her gifts of love from her family. Have I mentioned that my family is the greatest!!! They always are there for the kids and us, too. They show their love for us freely and we are greatly blessed by them!!!! Well, here are Katie's pictures of joy and happiness;-).




Katie Aunna was the happiest little girl ever!!! She had asked for Barbie and she really got many Barbies, clothes, and a special storage container from her big sister Kisty. I also, wanted to take some pictures of Katie after her party, as she place all of her gifts on the counter top before she went out to swim with her cousins, nieces, nephews, brothers, and sisters. She loves her family so very much and has bonded to us beautifully.


So, my beautiful little girl is set just a little more securely in the family and she loves her new life so very much!!! We love and adore her more than I can express. After her swim last night, she ate the last piece of her cake for bedtime snack, with a glass of milk!!!
Now about school starting soon.....I have received my Catholic Heritage Curriculum!!! I absolutely love it and we will be starting school on the 11th of August. Although, we school year round, we do take flex days and breaks. We have been out of school for almost two weeks now. I have been familiarizing myself with the new curriculum and reviewing the children's books. I am very impressed. Lesson plans came with the curriculum along with many enrichment inserts and so I am now tailoring the lesson plans. I'll let you know how things go with this process and share my experiences with you as we progress through the year.

One last cute thing about Katie....the kids made birthday cards for her. On one of the cards it said "Katie A." I don't think, Katie has ever heard her name shortened, as we often do here in America;-). This was something new to her. She has learned the alphabet and now I am teaching her the sounds for each letter in the alphabet. When she read her name she said "Awe, for me, Katie "a...as in apple". This is not my name....Katie (short vowel sound) A. She cracked up laughing thinking that one of the children did not know how to write her name. Isn't that cute???

Well, this is our little girl's special day. I hope you enjoyed sharing this with us as much as we enjoy sharing with you. Until next time....Many Blessings!!!!

No comments: