Sunday, February 15, 2009

Alexis Viktoria (hopefully) Gartner

Well here it is...our hearts are smitten with love that will not die. It continues to nag Duane and I daily. He is as convicted to act as ever he has been. Neither of us can push her tender love for us out of our hearts. Nor can we turn our backs to her any longer. Lexi fell in love with Katie Aunna's Mommy and Papa at first sight. She followed us into the playroom with Katie. Lexi was floating along as she was so in love with us. When she smiled at Duane and then laid her head on my shoulder....we were smitten, too. We tried to focus solely on Katie. However, we couldn't help but watch her carefully timid movements about the room. Speaking Russian very fluently with Katie, the translator, and me (ha ha).

Then as suddenly as she had appeared...they shooed her away so we would give our full attention to Katie Aunna. We found this easy to do as Katie is charming. But, Lexi's soft cheek that I patted is still imprinted upon the palm of my hand. Lex and I felt helpless to act. I looked at Duane and said "Honey, please". He had a flash of anger with me and snapped out "You know we are not prepared for two children this trip... not financially or with paperwork. Let's enjoy Katie's process." So, I did. Now, it has been nine months and we both miss her in our life.

I kept saying that someone would want her and she would get a family. If she was still waiting by the first of the year then we would begin to move forward for her. This would be our sign from God. Well, someone on my blog had read about her and wanted to adopt her. However, things did not work out financially and so Lexi remained on the UAHH site...where she waits with a sunken heart. Now, I am a bit taken back that I was hunting for a family for the child God intends to be a part of our life....WOW!!!!

I am sure Lexi has given up on the one she wanted to be her Mom. Before she left the room she breathed me into her very soul. We have not forgotten one thing about her and her soft cheek is forever imprinted upon my hand with love. Her faced ever etched into Duane's mind.
Her charming smile touched the core of his heart and remains there. Men don't like to feel emotional pain. It makes them mad and he has not been in the mildest of moods for several months as we waited to see if she was going to find that family. Ha Ha...we didn't realize God had already chose her family;-).

I cry as I write because the financial circumstances are in need of a miracle in order to be fulfilled. However, we are going to take that leap of faith that God has placed in our hearts and His Divine Plan is laid out before us...all we need do is trust in our almighty God. I tell you this...it will be God's miracle with the economy like it is and other circumstances which are dictating havoc in our finances. Adoption......the leap of faith we make once again. Please scroll down to see the new pictures I have added. Many blessings!!!
Your prayers are welcome, too.

4 comments:

beckyww said...

Wow. Great news! Just prayed for your family.

THE CAMPBELL FAMILY said...

Trisha,
Congrat's on your new duaghter.
If you would like a button to link to your blog made, e-mail Amanda amasmith04@yahoo.com
She can make you the button..

nates5bs said...

I KNEW IT WOULD BE YOU WHO WENT BACK AND NOT US!!!! HEE! HEE! Want my lucky American Embassy number? :)

Keep this in sight. "Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act." Proverbs 3:27

Ginny said...

I saw your blog address on the catholic adoption yahoo group. What a wonderful story. I hope the process is smooth and you are able to bring you little girl home quickly!