Saturday, March 7, 2009

Katie Aunna's Happy

AWE!!! All my babies;-).....
Group hug!!!!


John-John sitting in a big boy chair. He is flashing me his "I'm so cute" smile. what a blessing he is to our family. He is a very quiet and calm child. Every day is a pleasure for him!!!

Mary is holding a book I found on the Internet about her birth city Borovichi, Russia. Someday she will treasure this book as it is packed full of information about her birth city.

Papa and Mary snuggle up for a little nap together. One of the few moments that Mary is still and quiet.

We had quite a catastrophe last weekend. I almost took her picture, but, she was so upset about it I didn't dare ask her for a picture. Anyway....Katie and Annie were doing what I had asked them a million times not to do....running in the house. We do not have any carpet in the house as it is all wood and tile flooring. When the kids have on socks it can be very slippery.

Apparently, from the explanation I received, Katie was running and Annie was close on her heals as the monster. Katie stumbled on the throw rug and Annie rammed into her back. Katie was slung into the floor face first. That's right....face first!!!! Horrifyingly, she broke off her two front PERMANENT teeth at an angle. In walks Katie Aunna crying to me with two pieces of teeth in her hands. I jumped up out of my chair and my eyes almost popped out of my head.

Naturally, our dentist's office was already closed. So, I placed them in a sandwich baggie and told her not to freak-out (even if Mommy was) as we could get them fixed on Monday when our dentist opens. Of course, first thing Monday morning I was on the phone and they got her in that day. They did have to put her mouth to sleep and so that was a little pinch in the beginning.
However, I am proud to say that the repair is virtually perfect and shows no signs of damage. When her teeth finish growing (about age 17 or 18 y/o) she will need to have these two front teeth capped. Oh dear.....raising children is not for the timid....especially around this house!!!

On the adoption front....I want to express our sincere and heartfelt thanks to those who have made donations to help Lexi come home. Your kind generosity is a blessing and an encouragement to us. Sometimes the struggle seems harsh and the road is so long to the goal. Many may feel we will be blessing her, but, we know she will be the "blessing" to us.

When I look at Katie Aunna's referral picture (which is a head shot of the one below) I am amazed at how much she has grown and changed. The love of a family is magic for a child. Like the little Star Thrower story..."We can't save them all, but, we can make the difference in the life of this one". I am so looking forward to the day when Lexi knows that I have found "HER" mommy....just as I promised her that I would do. Many blessings!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I am new to your blog, wow! You have a wonderful family. God certainly has blessed you beyond words. Wonderful that you are adopting again. We are adopting for a third time and hope to bring our daughter home from Russia this year. :)

Kim
www.prudhomme-family.blogspot.com

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement on our blog. I only pray that we will be as loving and nurturing as you seem to be to all your babies.