Friday, March 27, 2009

Karissa's Doctor Visit



Karissa and I flew to Dallas from Amarillo and back in a day.....whew!!! What an exhausting trip and then tack on the four hours of driving (round trip) from our home to the airport. But, we had a very nice day together. Although, it was rather odd to be able to focus on just one child.
Actually, I still feel tired today from Wednesday's doctor visit. However, the kids and I did do some house cleaning today:-) and much to my surprise...we have snow once again. New Mexico needs the moisture and so we are quite happy. We did not take any pictures while in Dallas and so I decided to post a nice Spring photo I had taken at a park last year. Just so we can all have that feeling of Springtime and Easter.

Here's the rundown for the day in Dallas:

Karissa still has a tiny hole in her ear drum and discharge from that ear. Her doctor suctioned it out and put powder in it. She was a very brave patient and sat ever so still while he worked on her. He hopes it will close or she will need one more surgery to place a patch on it. She did not have a hearing test because of the discharge. So, we still do not know how well she hears in her ear. However, he did confirm that she is (PRAISE THE LORD) hearing in that ear. Then he said "Can you bring her back in a month?" Oh my, I about fell in the floor. I wanted to scream "HEY BUDDY....We live almost 1600 miles away round trip plus four hours of driving to get to an airport and home!!!" But, instead I politely said we could come back in May. So that's the report for now.

I really want to thank everyone for their prayers for Karissa and for our family. Please, continue to pray for her healing, our family, and for Lexi. We are getting close now to Karissa being well. Many blessing to all!!!

No comments: