Monday, April 27, 2009

Earth Day

Annie and Mary...what cuties!!!!Our Well House. The concrete is so warm to sit on and sun bathe.
Mary, Karissa, Annie, Katie, Christian, and John-John


Cold well water in the sprinklers...NO PROBLEM!!!!
John was very bent out of shape over the cold water. He hated it and was pouting out over it.


I first must apologize for the lateness in posting. We are so very busy with trying to get finished with our school year. It is my hope to have lots of playtime this summer. Additionally, I have several plans for the kids. But, for now, let me fill you in on some pretty cute stuff;-).

Last week we celebrated Earth Day with the rest of the world (hopefully). We watched several really good programs on National Geographic Channel. It showed how God's awesome hand had brought Earth together (I filled in on that info as we watched) and our universe was created. Thankfully, it stuck to actual events in planet creation and did not lead the viewer to believe it was all by accident. I was able to fill in the truth of God's mighty work without any conflicts to my narrations. It was perfect!!! Just like our Lord had selected this particular program just for our school studies.

Next, the kids picked up all the trash from around our home that had blown in from the housing constructions in the area. We have had horribly high winds the last few weeks and so there was an entire trash can filled with debris from the three acres next to our land. Plus, plenty of tumble weeds to scrunch and place in the trash. It all looks so nice now. Thank you children!!!

Then the warmth of the day drew their minds to the nearing summer days. They wanted to swim...oh so sorry...it is yet too early and the temperatures are not quite warm enough. However, soon they will swim. We have begun to make preparations to open the swimming pool. It's such good exercise and therapy for them all and myself included.

Anyway....back to Earth Day....We have a sprinkler well out back and it's water is very cold as it comes from deep within our yard. I decided to turn on the sprinklers and let them play in the mineral rich water. The temperature was in the upper 80's and so they got on their swim suits. It was a very enjoyable day!!! I have posted a few pictures to share their fun with you.

One hilarious thing about John-John....He was all smiles going out into the backyard to play in the water sprinklers. I told him it was very cold water. He is a bit squeamish about cold things like ice cream or ice cubes. He said "I play Mommy" and took off running for the sprinklers. When the cold water hit him, he ran back to me, about as fast as he went out to play.

I had gone out to sit on the warm concrete top of our well-house and bask in some sunshine. Little John-John wrapped up his shivering body in the first towel he could grab. It was a pink one;-). Doesn't my baby look cute in pink??? TeeHee!!! I took his picture as I asked him if he liked the sprinkler water. Obviously, he was fairly bent, over it being so very cold. Awe...sorry little buddy:-(
Well...guess that's about it for now. I will post again soon as I want to tell you about our trip with Katie Aunna to Albuquerque. Till then...please keep praying for Lexi. Many blessings to you!!!

2 comments:

And patiently waiting... said...

mWish it was warm here!! Look how big John is!! My goodness what a transformation!! God is good!

Zactly said...

Great post Trisha. Thanks for sharing.
Vickie