Friday, April 3, 2009

Medical Update


Just wanted to write a note about my surgery. According to the doctor my gallbladder definitely needed to be removed. Although, I am in a some moderate pain, it's not as bad as I had expected. Plus, the best part is that I have not had any heartburn or stomach pain since it was removed last Tuesday. They made three small abdominal incisions and one umbilical incision. I am moving pretty slowly, but, at least I will feel well when we go to see Lexi.

The kids are not doing so well. There is some croupy type cough and high temperature circulating among them. I have three on breathing treatments and all of them on cold medication. Last night Christian really scared us as he was so lethargic and breathing very shallow. Also, he could not talk above a whisper. Once I gave him a couple of breathing treatments he began to improve.
We have designated this week for Spring Break and guess it was a good week to be out of school since they are all sick. Katie Aunna thinks we need an extra week off because they have been ill;-). Guess we will see. I would like to move the classroom to the living room that we do not use. Maybe, they would be energized by a new location for school. It is a bit crowded in the dinning room. This would give us better space and we could have a designated classroom.

1 comment:

nates5bs said...

Sounds like you won't need your Rolaids this time, huh?