Friday, May 9, 2008

Hanging in There!!!!

Just want to open with a huge HELLO with LOTS of love to our kiddos. We miss you all beyond any words I can write. This has been such a long and stressful process. We absolutely can not wait to get home!!! There have been several huge traumas here in Murmansk that I do not feel safe discussing at this point in time...let's just say "We are hanging in there" and praying we will actually GET our adoption decree as promised on Monday. If we do, then we will fly out to Moscow (Thank God) on Wednesday.

Things are better today....Praise God!!! Sorry I have not posted, however, I have been too emotional. Kisty....call Martha and ask her to initiate prayers for our successful and safe return home. Patrick....please keep Katie Aunna's candle burning and prayers going up!!! That has been one of the things I have continued to remind myself of during these difficulties. It gives me much strength and comfort. Also, we hope that everyone will PLEASE pray for us on Monday (your Sunday evening) that we receive our court decree and can begin to out process from here.

Katie Aunna (quite a little trouper) is doing very well and today was actually a nice day for us all. This morning there was a parade and marathon runners down the main street of Murmansk. Unfortunately, we forgot our camera as we were so anxious to do something pleasant. Katie Aunna enjoyed today and we have resumed our bonding process. Her English lessons are awesome!!! She actually asked for "juice" today instead of using the Russian word for juice. She is extremely smart and loves her new Mama and Papa dearly. Katie Aunna is very possessive of her Mama. If Papa tries to hold my hand or kiss me she tells him "Nyet"....ha ha. I think she is getting a little better though.

It's funny as I thought she was going to be a big Papa's girl....but, it looks like she is very attached to her Mama. She calls me Mamushka...which I am told is a very sweet endearment for Mama. Well kids....get this!!! Today, after the parade we went hunting for DVDs for Katie Aunna. We actually found "The Bee Movie" in Russian for Katie Aunna. She has not watched it yet, but, we are planning on letting her watch it in Russian over and over so she can then follow the movie in English.

She now knows several words of English from her picture book!!!! They are:
1. Banana
2. Apple
3. Hairbrush
4. Toothbrush
5. Toothpaste
6. Comb
7. Cup
8. Glass
9. Fruit
10. Flower
11. Lion
12. Dog
13. Cheese
14. Bread
15. Pajamas
16. Shirt
17. Dress
18. Hat
19. Seagull (go figure here in Murmansk)
20. Grapes
21. Shoes
22. Jeans
23. Socks
24. Gloves
25. Coat
26. Bed
27. Chair
28. Cookies
29.Hamburger
30. Bread
31. Car
32. Airplane
33.Yogurt
34. Milk
35. Apple
36. Bathtub
37. Bath
38. Towel
39. Shampoo
40.Plate
41. Fork
42. Butterfly
43. Flower
44. Bee
45. Ladder
46. Bear
47. Horse
48.Cheese
49. Toilet Paper
50. Grapes
51. Fish (another .....go figure)
52. Candy (a big...go figure)
53. Airplane
54. America
55. Tractor
56. Train
57.Chicken
58. Pig
59. Glasses
60. Robot
61. Dolly
62. Toilet
63. Her new word to learn is "Tree"

SORRY...I'm bragging just a LITTLE!!!! Oh yes....and she can say "I love you". Katie can count to ten and knows our room number. Today she shocked me when I showed her how to write her name...Katie....she is able to do it!!!! Also, since I'm on a bragging binge....she knows the colors in English and can find items in the room that are.....Blue, Purple, Yellow, Pink, Green, Red, Orange, Brown, and Black. What an awesome child!!!!! She can also point to and name her hair, eyes, ears, chin, nose, mouth, teeth, tongue, hands, knees, and feet. Well, guess I will stop bragging now;-)....ha ha.

BTW....this Holiday celebration is a very big one here in Russia. There was also a huge parade of tanks in Moscow today, as we saw on TV. It is now 10:30pm and still daylight, nevertheless, the city of Murmansk shot of a huge stream of aerial fireworks. I think at midnight tonight there is a big Russian Orthodox Celebration Mass on TV. I'll let you know what we see. Dad and I have finally started staying up late and sleeping in....training for Katie also for when we get home. Although poor Daddy will have to switch back to work mode. Hope you kids are doing your schoolwork....Katie is every day with Mamushka!!!! I'll upload and post pictures tomorrow. Love you kids dearly...XOXOXO!!!!

No comments: