Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Day in Paradise

Removal of trampoline tarp to have a new one made for the kids;-). It's their favorite toy outside.
Christian was a bit surprised that it was just springs hanging there!!!

Well I am happy to report that all of our registration documents for Katie Aunna have arrived at Kids To Adopt. She can now be registered with the Russian Consulate. Whew....that's a load off of my mind!!! I feel a great obligation to fulfill my contract with the Russian Federation by registering Katie and sending in all of her post placement reports. She continues to amaze me with her use of English. Today, she said several things in English which surprised me. I also noticed she is wanting to communicate more and more with her siblings. Katie told Annie "Come on here" when she wanted Annie to come swim with her!!!

John-John was extra happy this morning. It was like he woke up adjusted to Katie Aunna and back to his old self today. I was getting very worried about him. My kids are very attached to me and he is our baby of the family. I had NEVER been away from John-John before and he was so traumatized. I can't decide what upset him most. The heart break of accepting that Duane and I were gone or the shock of a new child (much bigger than he) showing up with our return. But, thanks be to our God that he is back to normal today and started to talk again. It was like he was so traumatized he had stopped talking.

Anyway, he got up this morning and walked over to me, as I sat drinking my coffee and reading a magazine, and said "I want a banana"!!! I almost fell out of my chair and I know my mouth was hanging wide open. I grabbed him up and just kissed and hugged him!!! Of course, he got his banana;-). Here are some pix of him happily eating his banana this morning.

Thank-you, dear Lord, for giving me my John-John back!!! Isn't he a doll??? I think his "baby of the family" spot was challenged with an out of birth order addition to our family. However, he is doing well as of today and his appetite has returned.

It was also an eventful afternoon as Duane and the boys removed the trampoline tarp to have a new one made. The old one had a hole in it and was in bad need of replacement. The trampoline is one of the kids favorite toy!!! Yes, I know...they are dangerous. But, which part of life is not in some way or another?!?!?! Here are the pictures and one with Christian who discovered the missing tarp first. I had to take his picture as he came out right as they had removed the old tarp. We are also planning on buying an inexpensive swing set for the children this weekend. We had a horrible wind storm of 50-70 mph winds. It tore the tree house and jungle gym to pieces....waaaaa!!!!

No comments: