Sunday, June 8, 2008

Swimming Along

The boys....John, Christian, and Casey
The Gang!!! Casey, Little Trisha, DeeDee, Karissa, Christian, Annie, Katie, John, and Mary

The grand-babies DeeDee and TrishaThe girls......DeeDee, Annie, Katie, Karissa, and Mary (brat-so the GREAT)

Today was lots of fun for everyone!!! We did our usual swimming and playing outside. Katie Aunna is adjusting so quickly and time seems to be speeding past me;-). It is hard to believe that we have been home for three weeks now. But, it is true and Katie learns more and more English every day. It amazes me how fast she is adapting. It feels like she has always been with us.

This evening I got out another bag of summer clothes that I had purchased for them just before I left for Russia. It is so cool, when I picked these matching swim suites and clothes out, Katie Aunna was my dream child. Now she is helping me take off tags from these clothes I had visualized them all wearing. It is so cute as she just awed over everything. Katie Aunna loves her new life so much and appreciates her new things greatly.

We are going over to Amarillo in the morning and I will take Karissa, Katie Aunna, Little Trisha, and Casey with me. I have washed some of these new clothes and the girls will wear them on our day trip to Amarillo. The other children will have to stay home with Weldon to babysit with them;-). But, they all love Weldon and will enjoy their visit with him tomorrow!!!

I have to laugh at Annie when I see her bangs. That Mary did a number on them...ha ha. Every time I tell Annie "I'm blasting your chopped up bangs on the Internet" she cracks up laughing. I keep reminding myself that it is just hair and will grow back very soon....ha ha. Mary is also quite proud of her hair cutting "skills". Oh well, guess every kid has to do it at some point.
John-John did not want to stop for these pictures;-). He had one thing on his mind and it was to go and swim. He is really getting good in the water now. John can swim under water to me without his floaties. But, he can not sustain the action of swimming for long as he exhausts quickly. He is such a happy little boy. Every day is an adventure for him. John-John has really sprouted up and slimmed down. He is now quite a bit taller than Mary!!! Although we all know who rules between those two!!! Actually, Mary is very protective and possessive of John. He is so sweet natured and is just having fun outside. John-John loves to play outside!!!
Katie Aunna loves her new glasses very much. She is excited that she has prescription sunglasses coming in soon. Her eyes are horribly sun sensitive. But, the combination of sunglasses that she has sun protection and can actually see is very thrilling to her. It seems that Christian, Karissa, Annie, and Mary take their life for granted. John-John and Katie Aunna are in love with their life and appreciate things so much more. My American (home grown tomatoes) are just spoiled little people;-). They expect nice things and plenty of everything.
Of course, I am personally so grateful for my kids. They are all such special little people and bring so much joy and happiness to my life. God has truly blessed us so much by allowing them to be mine!!! I pray for those who are waiting. It is so difficult to wait, but, it is worth it!!! It seems impossible that we are home and our last adoption is now behind us.
I will take some pictures in Amarillo tomorrow and post our adventure when we return.
Many blessings!!!!

1 comment:

debby phillips said...

Hey Skank!!!

What cute pictures. Madison has been asking to swim. I dare not show her the swimming pictures and she will begin to whine!!!

Let me know when you are going to swim again and if her and Tanner can come on out. Please advise.

I saw where you came by work but I was gone on vacation.

Call and let me know about the swim.

Love Ya, Mean It!!!

P.S. Tell Annie and Mary, love the new do!