Monday, April 7, 2008

Another Week Of Waiting

Here we go into another week of waiting it out and praying for a court date. I just can not sleep tonight and decided I would post to the blog. We are so anxious to get things set and firm up our travel plans. One thing I know for sure is this adoption has really burned me out. We will definitely not be adopting again. So all this junk about uneven numbers does not even phase me!!! It is nine children for us and not one more little kiddo.

I told Duane we should buy a Harley and do some of the things we want to spend loads of money on.....ha ha!!!! Sure.....Like raising nine kids we will have any extra funds. Funny how we forget the pain of "birth" and the pain of "adoption".....I have had a rough time waiting it out this round. After almost six international adoptions...I feel we have done more than our part for the world and our self. It feels very satisfying to think of not stressing anymore with dossiers, more children, medical needs, and so on. Sound selfish??? Well, maybe it is just a little self serving.

However, I am 52 this August and Duane is going to be 57. I said to him this weekend..."Hey babe, let's ride a HOG next year and not adopt anymore children. After all we have adopted two domestic at birth (1977 and 1981) and then gave birth to an IVF baby (1993) after five painful tries. Then we adopted Annie in 2005, Mary in 2006, John in 2007, and now darling Katie in 2008. Duane looked at me with adoration and he loved the idea of a HOG and said that sounds great.

So, precious little Katie Aunna is the last. Now it will be time for us to take wonderful family vacations, ride a Harley on the weekends, and do some other cool things we want;-). Oh yes, the boys want a go-cart and I think we will get them one, too. My gosh those things scare me. But, Duane promises to buy a safer go-cart with the heavy roll bars, and a good safety harness seat belt system with head gear. So, okay fine!!! When we recover from the financial and emotional burdens of this adoption we will get more self focused. Also, a nice camper sounds fun to me!!!! We have beautiful forests to camp out in New Mexico!!!!!!

Also, our daughter Kisty can not have any more children, she wants to adopt a child. So, maybe we will help her to do it. We would love a little grandson. Well, enough chit-chat, I think I will finally go to bed, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE pray for our court date soon and a successful process.

It is so wonderful to have all my paperwork in and it is not likely that we will have anymore to do. But, we will see what the judge says as he is the boss;-). None of our documents expire until middle of May so we should be alright unless the judge comes up with something we never dreamed. I think we have covered all of our bases. But, only time will tell next week or maybe the following two weeks. Then I expect before the first of May we should be traveling.

The house is so peaceful right now. Duane is sleeping in the bed next to me. The children are in dreamland in their beds and Little Trisha is sleeping in the sitting room next to our bedroom on the big comfy couch. I kept the girls this weekend and bought summer clothes for them. They had a ball although Grandmother is a bit of a nervous grouch....we still had fun. My kids and grand kids are the greatest.

My I can't imagine my life without them. Harley motorcycles, and traveling the world over is great....but, my kids give me a feeling of youth and gusto mingled with great joy. Praise God that He had the infinite wisdom to know what is best for our life, as if it would have been up to me, I would probably have messed things up horribly!!!!! Thank you God for taking care of me. I'll keep you posted of any news we get. Many blessings!!!

No comments: