Friday, April 18, 2008

At Last the Day Has Come

We are so happy today as we have received the magical date for court and now our little princess will come home to join her anxious brothers and sisters. When I first heard the news I was helpless. There were a million things that I needed to do, but, could not function as I was so excited about going to hold my baby girl in my arms. So I paced the floors for about an hour and then sat in a hot tub in shock...joyfully!!!!

Plus, we will be in the region for a special Russian Spring Holiday (May Day on the first). It is a special Holiday as it is a celebration like Easter and also honors the coming of spring time. I am hoping the children in the orphanage will do something special for us as a celebration. I am planning a going away party for Katie Aunna!!! I will bring cake, juice, and fruits as a treat to Katie's farewell party at the orphanage. I will dress her in a beautiful dress that I have brought for her and we will celebrate her leaving and say goodbye to her friends.

Also, we are thrilled to know that we have made friends with another couple who is adopting from Murmansk Region and they will be completing their adoption process at the same time that we will. They are adopting the cutest little 3 year old girl. She is so extremely pretty and i just can't wait to meet her!!! So God is very good to us much beyond the basics that we ask for. He gives us so much more...Praise our wonderful God!!!!

I am so at peace now and ready to reunit with our daughter. My little Katie Aunna is coming home. We will be leaving in just 4 short days. However, we will be in Russia a long time this round as we will be caught up in the May Day Russian Holiday for five days of celebration....cool!!! Maybe, some celebrations in the streets and much merryment. How wonderful!!! Also, it will be very nice, as we will be in the region, for this celebration.

Here we come Katie Aunna!!!! Mama and Papa adore you little princess of our many prayers.....we are also practicing our Russsian;-). Thank you everyone for your precious prayers for us and don't stop now as we have a few more formalities and a number of difficult to overcome while in court. Please check our blog as we will post pictures and blog every possible day. Keep that candle burning Patrick. Many blessings!!!!

No comments: