Monday, April 21, 2008

Count Down

Well, it amazes me how time flies!!! Two more days and we will be on a plane for Russia to complete our life with Katie Aunna. I am so excited and yet a little nervous. Next weekend we will spend it bonding with Katie Aunna. I will post pictures of her on the blog and keep a running account of what is going on.

Since, Murmansk is 10 hours ahead of us here in New Mexico, we will be in court on your Sunday evening. Please, pray that our ten day wait is waived and we can take her right into our custody. Also, there are two Russian Holidays which close everything down for four days each. This would mean that our stay in Russia would be about 25 days!!!! That's such a long time to be away from my kids!!!!

Our passports/visa should arrive Tuesday morning and I still have last minute documents to apostille in Santa Fe. So, I am dedicating Tuesday to driving up there and back. Then stop in at home and leave for Amarillo. We will stay over and leave out at 7:35am Wednesday morning. We fly to Houston and then to Frankfurt, Germany and on to Moscow for an over night layover. Next, it's off to Murmansk where Katie will be looking out that orphanage window for Mama and Papa to come!!!

I know in my heart that she is as excited as we are. She is such a pretty little girl and has a very sweet personality. I will take pictures of her luggage tomorrow and post them. Well. guess I better try to sleep a little. Please, keep praying for Katie Aunna and don't forget next Sunday evening to pray for us as we stand before that Russian Court of Law and God. It is a very miraculous time when we will become the parents of one little orphaned girl!!! Many blessings<><

1 comment:

Lori said...

congrats on your travel/court dates! We were gone for 27 days with 3 at home...it was hard but we made it! What a wonderful homecoming...Prayers!