Friday, April 11, 2008

Time To Relax

I guess I have a little of God's peace today. He knows our family needs it right now. We all had a very productive school day and Christian read like a champ!!! I am so proud of him. It has finally clicked with him and he applied the rules for reading he has been learning from me all year. Christian is excellent at math and Karissa is a very good little reader. As we all know, Casey is the computer lab teacher and he is so good at it!!!

Well, today Christian has joined the "Great Reading" group. He sounded out his words beautifully and made Mama soooo proud of him. It was really cool, as all he wanted to do today, was sit beside me and read all the "Step into Reading" books. He enjoyed the stories and he is now in proficiency. I must also brag about Casey and Karissa, too. Both worked very hard for me today!!! Oh yes, and I also noticed that Annie is using her computer mouse with skill now.

We use a computer program called "Jump Start Advanced" and she has been working on the disc called "Toddler School Time". Today, she was able to make her musical creatures turn on and off with precision. It was so cute to watch her work with her headphones on and her long slender finger working the mouse pad. I think she will do well in kindergarten this coming Fall!!! It is hard to believe she will be five years old this July. Wow, time flies!!!

So, we have decided to relax this weekend and try to get over a bad cold running through the family. I came down with the cold a few days ago and have felt pretty awful. But, today is better. Please, pray for our little Katie Aunna over the weekend and for good news soon. We pray that God will give her peace as well and keep her spirits up. It is so difficult to accept that God's timing is the best for all. Many blessings!!!

1 comment:

Patrick C. said...

Someone in West Texas is praying for y'all. Try not to grow weary in doing good.

I remember an ancient meditation on God written by St. Julian of Norwich - "In Your love You have done Your works, and in Your love, You have made all things beneficial to me."

I pray that your wait will be over soon, and that in His time, the benfit of the wait will be made manifest to you.

Patrick C.