Saturday, April 26, 2008

Katie Aunna

This morning was lovely with her. She was happy to see her Papa and played their little growling games....ha ha. Katie Aunna thinks Papa is really a great big toy for her entertainment. Naturally, she went through the bag I brought looking for CANDY. Duane said she is in for a surprise when she gets home as we have very little sugar foods in the house. So a new change is about to occur in her life. They ask her if she was afraid to go all the way to America and she said she was not afraid with Mama and Papa. However, she will not speak English no matter what. Guess we will see about that little fact.

The evening visit was even more wild. Duane left the room to go sign papers for a few moments and as soon as the door closed she was on a roll!!! She ran over to the desk and started opening drawers, climbed into the window seal, stuck her finger in the plant, and just went wild in general. I told her (in Russian) to chill out and she told me "Nyet"!!! I hope I know what I'm in for...she is a little spunky!!! But, we adore her just as she is.

I was quite surprised that she had been dressed in a dress I brought for the orphanage on our first visit. I hope her clothes I brought from home will fit as she was wearing a size six dress that I thought would be too large for her. This evening I will take a couple of pants to try on her and I guess if they don't fit then we will need to find a few items for her. She is really slim and fairly tall. If anything, her pants will be too short, but, will probably fit her in the waist. I brought size fives with me!!!

The orphanage is very well maintained and there are so many beautiful children. They were so sweet and just wanted a hug or two as we walked by them. I met one of the children (Vika) that is listed on the site http://www.untilallhavehomes.org/ and I just fell in love with her. No, unfortunately, we can not adopt her. But, I do want to mention her as she would be a wonderful daughter and we will be praying for her a family. She is extremely sweet and kind!!! Several of the children came up to us and asked if we were Katie Aunna's Mama and Papa. Such sweet children here that I am taken back a bit. I did not expect such an overwhelming response to our presence within the orphanage. The director and staff are also very kind people. I can not tell you how much the children want families of their own. They are all such sweet little kids and have so touched my heart.....especially little Vika. She is darling!!!

I have not heard from Casey yet....so email us and let us know how things are at home. I really miss you kids so much and look forward to bringing Katie Aunna home. She is a little on the ornery side though. At one point, Duane went to sign paper work and the translator went with him. I stayed with Katie Aunna at the orphanage in a little play room. She was running around and touching EVERYTHING!!! Looking into the cabinet, opening the desk drawers, and messing with the window. I scolded her to stop running wild and she scolded me back...ha ha. She will be a little more busy than I realized. But, she is just so cute and very funny. I lightly swatted her bottom (in play) and she swatted me back...ha ha.

1 comment:

game and computer help said...

casey and trisha said "very funny"