Thursday, February 28, 2008

Day of Tears and Prayer

Yesterday was one of the most stressful days in our journey to Katie Aunna. I have been searching high and low for almost two weeks for a doctor of Internal medicine to complete our required Russian medical forms. It had become so discouraging. My guess is that I called maybe thirty doctors between Amarillo, Lubbock, and Albuquerque. Additionally, I called our family doctor a million times trying to get him to refer us to a doctor of Internal medicine. He just did not return any of my calls. It was so disappointing!!!!

So, I continued to search for this one special doctor who would allow us the opportunity to complete these forms. Without the completion of this one last document, there can be no adoption of Katie Aunna. I made so many phone calls yesterday and kept going back and forth to Duane's office to fax our forms off. Then getting calls that they would not do them. After trying all day long, I pulled into our garage, and wept. It seemed so hopeless and I even wondered if we would get our little girl.

Then, I began to pray. I ask God what did he want me to do? I told Him that I had reached the end of my rope and I needed Him to tell me what to do. Maybe I should cancel our flights and give up the battle. Truly, I was so exhausted. I am not accustomed to having prayers immediately and boldly answered. But, yesterday was the exception!!! As I wept and prayed, in my garage, my cell phone rang. A gentleman said his name was Patrick C.

He is the administrator of a clinic with doctors of Internal medicine!!! I had left a return call message for him earlier in the day. Actually, it took me a bit by surprise (isn't that just like our Lord?!?!), as I had hours before lost hope of a return call. Perhaps, it was just that my mind was becoming accustomed to this treatment. No one seemed to care about the future of one little orphan girl in Russia.

Well, he asked if I could fax my forms. I started my vehicle and backed out of the garage. As I drove and talked to this wonderful person, I realized that he was the answer to my prayers!!! God had sent him to us to do our forms. An answer from God right then and there. I was so touched I kept telling Duane's secretaries, as I faxed my forms, that God had sent a man who would bless us with this child. Although I am not sure if this wonderful Christian man knows fully....without this document there will be no court date set for Katie Aunna.

May God bless him and give all good things that life has to offer to him. He is Katie's angel. I read a beautiful statement this morning on the Internet. An adoptive mother said: "I can not change the entire world; However, through adoption, I can change the world of one child." Even for one child to be given the opportunity of having a family it is a blessing for the world. Today's post is in thanksgiving to Katie Aunna's Godsend, Patrick. Thank you and may all your hands touch be blessed!!!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Trisha,

Thanks for sharing your blog with me, it will give me some hope in deciding what to do as far as my next adoption !

I am hoping that maybe next year sometime I will be posting about going to see my daughter in Russia.

Charlotte and crew