Saturday, February 16, 2008

Gifts for the Orphanage and Katie's Clothes



The three pictures above are orphanage donations and
Katie Aunna's clothes are the following three.



Yesterday, I went out to the mall and began the tedious process of finding, great sales for children's clothes. It is so helpful to take clothes for the children in the orphanages. They like getting pretty dresses for the girls as these are used for special occasions. I found the most beautiful dresses for maybe one tenth the original price. I am hoping the boys will enjoy superhero clothing like Spiderman shirts and such. I decided to take the girls clothes on the first trip and take boy items on the next trip.

Then Duane stepped into the room and gasp. He told me he was NOT going to be a luggage mule on both trips. So, I am going to attempt to pack everything in one big rolling suitcase to take all the donations on the first trip. Well, there goes my "pack lightly" attempt.....ha ha. Also, the orphanages really need shoes and vitamins.

I think I will go to Sam's in Lubbock and buy the generic bottles of vitamins with the 240 vitamins in a bottle. They don't actually give them vitamins every day and so these will last a very long time. I will take 6 or 8 bottles of children's chewable vitamins. I may not be able to take the vitamins on our first trip as it will all depend on the weight of things. Perhaps I can then hit Payless Shoes and pick up some shoes for the children. We are so excited and looking forward to meeting our daughter.

Duane has began to plan which movies he wants to take for our long flight. It really is amazing to me that we will watch three or four movies and still not be to our destination. Once we arrive in Moscow we will still have a domestic flight to catch to get to the region where Katie Aunna is living. I am ready with the clothes that I am wearing, but, Duane has not given me a clue as to what I should pack for him.

I would imagine he will have me make all the packing decisions and then will get to be the luggage mule anyway...ha ha. I will post more in the next few days as we plan our travels. Tuesday will be the "BIGGIE" day that our plans will be a little more firm. The dossier will be reviewed in Russia. Prayers for our dossier to be approved will be greatly appreciated!!!

No comments: