Thursday, March 13, 2008

Jesus Will Bring the Rain

Annie being "Annie";-). The Siberian Princess!!!

Today's bible verse is Romans 8:28: "And we have known that to those loving God, all things do work together for good to those who are called according to purpose." That was just so perfect this day. Just a side note here; I do not chose the verse of the day. It is selected by BibleGateway.com and God. This was quite a direct word to me from our Lord. So, this morning began with...all things work toward good.


Later in the day one of my favorite songs came on K-LOVE radio channel. I just love the song "Bring The Rain" by Mercy Me. It seems I too often become complacent with God's miracles and mislead myself to think it needs to be this huge miracle for God to be working in my life. Perhaps what I am attempting to say is that I often overlook the fact that every day there is a miracle from God and I am not always as thankful to God as I should really be on a daily basis. He deserves the credit for the tiniest good thing which occurs in our life.

All of this paperwork battle has been such a discouragement for me. However, when I was listening to the song "Bring the Rain", my little girl Annie was singing along so sweetly. Amazing how a little child is so tuned-in to happiness!!! I had this realization that I need to be thankful for the hardships associated with this process. It is an opportunity to praise God when we get the results we are expecting and when we do not get what we expect. Hardship is a wonderful thing. It is the first sign to me that there is an upcoming opportunity for praising our Lord and King whose miracles come in all sizes and shapes.

So, the bottom line is, even the hard times are food for praise. Today, I am thankful for the opportunity to eventually adopt Katie Aunna. I am thankful for my beautiful family, my home, those who read this blog, my life, and every God given minute I have it. We are all so blessed in the world....will we see it? I pray that I will see every tiny miracle that occurs around me. Today, I see the end of this road which leads to the "big" miracle. A new life will soon join our family and friends.

No comments: