Monday, March 3, 2008

We're In Amarillo

Pictured above is the Rick Husband International Airport in Amarillo, Texas (AMA)


Yesterday, I worked like a crazy woman getting things in order with the house and kids. Kisty and Shane arrived around noon time and I had cooked a big juicy pot roast. It had fresh vegetables cut up in it and had cooked in the crock pot all night Saturday. It was so tender you could have cut it with your tongue...ha ha.

After lunch we got things loaded up and as we were backing out of the garage....Kisty, with a little one on her hip, holding another little one by the hand, and seven other children (including her two girls) congregated all around her at the back door. They were all smiling so big and waiving goodbye to us. It was the cutest sight I have ever seen. I wish I would have had my camera within reach so I could have taken their picture. It was darling. I suppose it will be in my mind's eye for the rest of my life. It was so cute!!!!

We are now in Amarillo. We stayed at a nice, four week old, Holiday Inn Express!!! Very nice and beautiful;-). Duane is sleeping and I am playing on my computer. He did not sleep well last night as I think the pre-travel jitters are getting to him just a little. We had a very nice dinner last night except the waitress slung Duane's juice out of his plate and onto his shirt he had planned on wearing to Moscow.

How rude and all the manager at Big Texan could do was to offer Duane dessert. Now does that stink?!?! Oh well...good thing it didn't burn him. Then we came back to the room and watched a little TV before crashing. I am just so extremely excited to see Katie Aunna. I inhale "Katie" and exhale "Aunna"...ha ha. I hope they prepare her for our coming. I think they will.

It is 27 degrees in Amarillo and the wind is blowing harshly. I am so glad we got over here last night as it would make for a little more dangerous drive with the high winds and blowing snow. It did not stick very much, but, enough snow and ice to make travel a little more dangerous. I can hear the wind howling outside and Duane snoozing next to me. He better rest up as the marathon is about to begin!!!

Well, guess that's all for today and the next time I post we will be in good old Moscow. Praise God as He is so good to us and I want Him to have the glory He is due!!! It is virtually a miracle that we are here, can afford to do this adoption, and are in good health. Praise the Lord!!! Keep us in your prayers as we make our way around to the opposite side of the world where a little girl waits to be united with her very own mama and papa. I can't wait to hold her in my arms and squeeze her tight!!! I'll post some pictures of Amarillo and our other encounters when we get to Moscow...till then, many blessings <><

1 comment:

Ashleigh Smith said...

Patricia,

I finally got a free moment to take a look at your website. Hope things are going well on your trip. I am amazed at all of the effort you have put into this. I wish you and Duane a safe journey.
Little Annie came in Tuesday as planned. Maybe now you will finally get some much needed rest after having to work 10x as hard to get everything ready to go.
Thanks for allowing me to see your website. You have done a wonderful job. Looks very cold in Russia tonight only 6 degrees hope you pack accordingly. I would have had twice as many bags :)

Doc & Ashleigh Smith