Friday, March 7, 2008

Visit With Katie Aunna

Katie Aunna victoriously exclaimed in Russian "I get Mama and Papa!"


Today was wonderful for all of us. When we entered the hospital she ran up to Duane yelling "Papa, Papa, I love you"!!! She is absolutely crazy about Duane. They played together for several hours. Things are very difficult for her as they have OPERATED (middle of February) on her arm because they said she had a malunion of her shoulder. We can not tell if she will be alright with this arm now. I know before surgery it did not affect her movement. But, her arm has been immobilized since her surgery. Guess Dr. Smith will need to work on her arm and maybe he can help her.

Katie is just adorable and does very well with repeating words I say to her in English. She is extremely bright. I am amazed at how much she love her Papa. Mama is just okay...ha ha. Duane has always wanted a Papa's girl...well he has one in her. Our others have been Mama's girls and boys, but, this child is absolutely nuts about her Papa. They played like two little kids today. Duane and I had to PROMISE her over and over that we would return for her. Katie Aunna got into my lap and put up her arm in victory...she finally gets a Mama and Papa!!!

Duane just about cried because she asked if he would take her home to America in the morning. She waved good-bye to us and told Papa how much she loves him. Very, very sweet little girl. I have to say we are very much in love with her. I pray God will protect her and allow our return swiftly!!!! More details and pictures when we get back in a few days. Much love to my kids at home...I MISS YOU!!! We bought pretty stuff for you in Russia. Much love to all.

1 comment:

Lori said...

She sounds like an angel!