Monday, March 10, 2008

We Are Home From Our First Trip

All the snow at the Airport in Murmansk did not deter flying at all!!!!

Well, we are back home today and slept in our own bed last night. It felt oh so wonderful after being in transit for the last week. Out of seven nights we slept in five different beds!!! I took a small pillow from home with my silky pillowcase. This did help, but, we just ran our self ragged. We had some very delicious food in Murmansk and Moscow. The borscht was wonderful and I had missed it very much. Also, I enjoyed the beef stroganoff. In the Zori Hotel in Murmansk we ate at the breakfast and dinner buffet. There was plenty to chose from and we loved the pastries!!!!

The best part of the trip was Katie Aunna. She was a delight. I am so happy we have found her I think she enjoyed us as much as we did her. She is so crazy about her Papa. Katie Aunna loved his hair and played with is pony-tail....ha ha. Of course, everyone in her hospital floor knew about her "beautiful" Papa. She showed him off to everyone. I am thinking Papa is somewhere between perfect and glorious in her mind. It is like she has had her dream come true in him. Most of the visits were spent in Papa's lap or playing some funny little game with him and he enjoyed every single minute of her admiration. Katie is like sunshine...bright, warm, and radiant.

She has learned to do just about anything she wants to with only one arm available. Her left arm was immobilized to her waist line and she was wearing a dress over the top of her bandages with her arm and hand underneath her dress. The first day we visited her we had a pair of little black dress shoes for her. She just loved them and every visit after she had them on proudly. The funny part is she said her Papa gave them to her...ha ha.

On the second day that we visited her I took some juice, a yogurt, cookies, bacon flavor potato strips, and fruits. I guess Katie decided to get on a complaining binge with Mama....ha ha. She said she would expect her new brothers and sisters to speak Russian, her juice was too cold, her yogurt was not sweet enough, she could not bite into apples, and I made Papa's hands too dry. Duane laughed so hard and said everyone should heed the commands of the princess. Actually, it was very very cute and we all laughed at her particulars.

Katie Aunna is so funny and just is the cat's meow. So, I assured her that I would heat her apple juice, feed her bananas, put sugar in her yogurt, and lotion Papa's hands. Additionally, the kids could practice some Russian before she gets home...ha ha. That's when I got my kiss and hug. She also told me she loved me when we were about to leave on our last visit. Boy....did that ever melt my heart!!!! Papa just adores her every word and so do I. She is just perfect in every way. Now I pray we will quickly get the court date to return for her and she will be out of the hospital quickly. I have tried to post a few pictures of Russia, however, I keep getting a server error. I will try again later tonight;-).

No comments: