Thursday, March 6, 2008

Our First Meeting








Today we met Katie Aunna. She is as darling as we had hoped!!!! I am sorry to say that the doctors here have decided to operate on her arm. Unfortunately, she is in the hospital and so visiting her is much more difficult. We arrived in Murmansk last night. When we found our translator and adoption coordinator we were told she was in the hospital. Quite a shock to us both. Another highly disappointing issue is that we were not allowed to tell her that we are her Mama and Papa. They introduced us by our first names...which any one of our children will say...is a big "NO-NO" in our family. Even Aunts and Uncles are not allowed to be called by first names without the use of aunt or uncle. So calling us Duane and Patricia was immensely disappointing to both of us. After many hours of travel we are both extremely tired. I feel like I am a visitor to Katie. Maybe when we visit tonight they will not make us to tell her we are "just" visitors. It is a very stressful day today. Duane thinks I need a nap;-). Maybe so!!!! Did get a few pictures of Katie with the social worker and one of her with me. I can not dress her up as I had hoped, so no pictures to post of her little hands like we planned. Pray for us that tomorrow will be better as we will not see her again after tomorrow until we return for court.

No comments: